Come visit our beautiful campus! Schedule a campus tour

Get help online!

Ask a question, or search the UNM knowledge base below for immediate answers to the most frequently asked questions.

Live Chat : Fast and Friendly

Monday - Friday
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM (MST)

Contact Us:

Physical Address: Main Campus

Mesa Vista Hall
Enrollment Management One-Stop
Main Campus

Physical Address: South Campus

Student Support & Services Center 1155 University Blvd, SE Albuquerque, NM 87106-4320

Mailing Address:

MSC11 6325
1 University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, NM 87131

Office Hours : Monday - Friday
8:00AM to 5:00PM (MST)
Phone No : (505)-277-8900
Toll Free #: 1-800-CALL UNM

Diploma Replacement Request


This service is to reprint a previously issued diploma which has been lost, stolen or damaged.  A $15.00 replacement fee will be charged for each diploma requested.

Requests for replacement diplomas can be made in person at the One Stop in Mesa Vista Hall or the Student Support & Services Center.  Alternatively, the Diploma Replacement Form can be mailed with a check or money order to:

Office of the Registrar
MSC11 6325
1 University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, NM   87131-0001

Replacement diplomas take two weeks to complete and photo identification is required when ordering and picking up diplomas in person. Degrees for the School of Law, Doctor of Medicine, Doctor of Physical Therapy, Doctor of Education, Doctor of Philosophy, Doctor of Pharmacy and Master of Fine Arts are larger in size and may require additional processing time. 

If not filling out the Diploma Replacement Form, your correspondence should include the following:

  • Written Signature
  • Date of request
  • Diploma Name
  • Current/previous name(s)
  • Social Security Number/UNM ID*
  • Date of birth
  • Date graduated
  • Degree received 
  • Major or college
  • Mailing address
  • Daytime telephone number
  • Email address
  • Check or money order

Payments by check or money order are to be made payable to The University of New Mexico. Do not send cash.

* If there is a change of name from the original diploma, submit copies of your Social Security Card and state/federal issued picture ID.